To explore ways of recording the variety of data generated at
participative events and consultations.
Being asked to take notes and record discussions during
participative events and consultations can feel daunting.
Often a lot of data will be generated and recording it
accurately can be challenging. This short course aims to explore
ways of recording a variety of data generated effectively and
simply. Participants will have the opportunity to practice their
skills and sharing ideas and tips with other participants.
By attending this course you will be able to…
- Explain how data from participative events and consultations is
- Compare types of data which may be generated at an event, and
appropriate methods of recording different types of data
- Describe examples of good and bad note taking
- Use practical tips and techniques for recording data
- Use planning and preparation stages to identify the best way to
Who is this course for?
Administrative and frontline staff within public service and
third sector organisations who are required to take notes and
record data at participative events and consultations.