To enable participants to understand the role of the facilitator
and practice a range of facilitation skills and techniques.
This course will provide an introduction to facilitation,
enabling participants to understand the role of the facilitator and
practice a range of facilitation skills and techniques.
Participants will learn how to plan and run effective facilitated
events, develop questioning skills and explore techniques for
dealing with challenging issues and behaviours.
It will be a participative course where participants will have
the opportunity to explore and practice facilitation in a safe
By attending this course you will be able to …
- Describe the principles of effective participation,
facilitation and consensus building
- Evaluate key skills and values used in facilitation
- Apply different facilitation techniques to different
- Use an essential 'facilitation tool kit' of techniques and
- Know where to access additional resources
Who is this course for?
This course is aimed at those who want to develop their
facilitation skills to enable them to facilitate meetings and
events with citizens, communities, colleagues and partner