To equipment participants with the skills needed to effectively
produce a good quality audio story.
Participants will learn the basic storytelling and technical
skills needed to produce an interview generated audio story. The
course will be hands on and practical and will give advice and
training in the most effective interview techniques as well as in
the editing and recording skills necessary.
By attending this course you will be able to …
- Use an audio recorder
- Prepare an interviewee and interview questions
- Conduct an interview with confidence
- Prepare a storyboard using an interview recording
- Understand the process of being the interviewee and the
- Use audio editing software to edit a voiceover and create a
- Post produce a story into the correct format for CD or
- Participants will leave with a CD of the story they have
Who this course is for
This course is aimed at those who want to work with individuals
to gather their experience or story. Once recorded these stories
can be used in a variety of ways including as podcasts, as content
for websites or for training purposes. This is a follow on course
for those who have attended our 'Introduction
to Storytelling' course and for those who have some experience
of using digital stories.