Engaging with… BME communities - NEW!
This seminar is one of a series which looks at what works when engaging with the equalities groups.
Drawing on the experience of practitioners in Wales, and encouraging the group to share experience and learning, participants will leave feeling more confident and better able to engage with BME communities.
Duration 2.5 hours
Target audience: Practitioners working with BME communities
Aim: To share learning about what works when engaging with BME communities
We will do this by:
- Exploring the needs of BME communities in relation to communication and engagement
- Examining case studies
- Identifying strategies for practitioners to engage more effectively with BME communities and to enable older people to engage more easily
- Identifying tips and good practice for engaging with BME communities
- Sharing useful contacts
By the end of the seminar participants will be able to be
- Describe some of the specific communication and engagement needs of BME communities
- Implement new techniques to engage with BME communities more effectively
- Identify and approach local contacts