Practical participatory tools for Public Engagement
Trainer: Mandy Williams
Duration: 1 day
Format: Training course
This course offers the opportunity to learn and practice a number of participative techniques that can be used in face to face engagement activity. These tools can be used in many different settings and are easily translated from one context to another. They offer the practitioner some new tools for their engagement work and the practical experience of trying them out within a safe context.
Aim: To explore and practice a number of participative techniques that can be used in face to face engagement activity.
Target audience: Individuals & organisations who carry out public engagement.
- Explain the Principles of Effective Public Engagement
- Idenfify issues needing to be considered in the planning of a participative event
- Identify appropriate methods of participation to be used in particular contexts
- Provide an opportunity to practice participative tools in a safe environment
- Share experiences with other participants
By attending this course you will be able to …
- Describe the principles of effective Public Engagement
- Plan effective participative events
- Apply different participative techniques to different situations
- Use an essential ‘Public Engagement toolkit’ of techniques and processes
- Know where to access additional resources