Introduction to storytelling in organisations
Duration: 1 day
Format: Training course
Many organisations are seeing the benefit of gathering "real-life" stories from service users, staff and volunteers to help improve their service delivery. This session explores the range of methodology being used to collect and share stories and offers some practical exercises to get you thinking about how you might approach story gathering in your work.
Frontline staff and managers looking to use story telling to engage service users, citizens and communities.
To explore the opportunities of using storytelling to share experience and engage service users
- Present examples of how public service organisations are using storytelling methodologies
- Explore how to gather and share stories
By attending this course you will be able to …
- Discuss the range of ways in which real-life stories are being used across the public and third sector
- Explain story-gathering and story-sharing methodology
- Describe some basic storytelling techniques