Effective facilitation skills
Accredited by Agored Cymru
Trainer: Sarah Jones and Alain Thomas
Duration: 3 day
Format: Training course
To enable participants to understand the role of a facilitator, to enhance their existing skills and to learn and practice a range of facilitation skills and techniques.
Participants will have the opportunity to gain understanding of the role of the facilitator, learn to plan and run affective facilitated events, learn and practice a range of facilitation techniques including, consensus building, questioning techniques, voting and ranking methods. The course will also look at assertiveness and how to manage conflict and difficult situations.
It will be a participative course where participants will have the opportunity to explore and practice facilitation in a safe learning environment.
By attending this course you will be able to …
- Describe the principles of effective participation, facilitation and consensus building
- Evaluate key skills and values used in facilitation
- Apply consensus building techniques
- Apply a range of questioning techniques
- Demonstrate a variety of voting and ranking techniques
- Identify ways to be more assertive
- Understand ways to deal with conflict and difficult situations
- Know where to access additional resources
Who is this course for?
This course is aimed at those who want to develop and increase their facillitation skills to enable them to effectively facilitate meetings and events with citizens, communities, colleagues and partnerships.