NHS Wales Chief Executive’s Annual Report 2011/122 Aug 2012
This report from NHS Wales’s Chief Executive David Sissling examines the significant advances that have been made over the past 12 months.
The report includes a section on Together for Health, which is a new strategic direction that sets out an ambitious vision for the future development of the NHS. The strategy is clear about the scale of the challenges, but offers the prospect of rapid improvement if progress is made in seven priority areas, which include a new partnership with the public.
Work has already started in planning the necessary changes, with a strong focus on engagement and effective planning. This will continue as we move to processes of formal consultation.
The Chief Executives’ priorities for health in 2012/13 are:
- all key delivery priorities
- quality and safety
- unscheduled care
- finance and the delivery of year end balance
- engagement, consultation and implementation of service change
- clinical engagement and leadership
- further integration of health and social care
- health improvement and prevention